Moving can cause an array of emotions, which can be overwhelming if you are not organized. Therefore, I have some smart planning tips for your next move that will save you time and trouble. Moving should be done in steps by the weeks prior to your move for the most trouble-free move.
Follow these week-by-week steps to make your next move trouble-free:
3 weeks before your move
* Reserve your moving truck rental. Estimate how large a truck you are in need of and reserve it as early as possible.
* Buy packing supplies such as boxes, tape, wrapping paper, and labels or marker.
* Begin packing your household items starting with out-of-season items and items that you will not use or need for several weeks.
2 weeks before your move
* Submit a change of address to your local post office, and update your address with all your important contacts such as credit cards, banks, subscriptions, etc.
* Contact your service providers and utility companies to discontinue all service. Consider having them turned off a couple of days after your move. This will accommodate you if there are any delays.
* Get your help lined up if you are not using a professional moving company. Ask family and friends to set your moving date on their calendars so they will be available to give you a helping hand.
1 day before your move
* Complete your packing, but be sure to reserve a couple of empty boxes for your essentials like medicine, toiletries, etc. These boxes are important for those items you need every day.
* If possible, pick up your moving truck rental the evening before. This will give you more time on moving day.
Day of your move
* Load your moving truck with the heaviest items going on first. Work hard but take breaks as needed to keep hydrated.
* Leave as early as possible so you will have plenty of time to get to your destination and begin the unpacking process.
* If possible, ask your family and friends to stay and help you unpack. This will be so helpful after a day of packing a big truck.
Using this moving method will help your move to be headache and trouble free. And, you will be able to enjoy your new home much faster.